12 Tips when planning a luxury villa rental
What should you keep in mind when planning a luxury villa rental?
As we have seen, luxury villa rentals have quite a few undoubted benefits, which make our clients’ vacations perfect. The expressed goal of our team is to help everyone find the perfect solutions, and this is also true for when they are considering a luxury villa rental. We hope we are offering useful information for you on our website, and that we have gotten you interested in this very unique form of a vacation. As the popularity of luxury villa rentals gradually increased over the years, the number of rentable villas grew accordingly. When looking at what our partners have to offer, we can estimate that clients have about 500.000 villas all around the world to choose from instead of going to hotels. It is obvious that to choose the right one from this huge set is harder than ever. We have prepared a short guide for you, so that you can take complete advantage of the benefits of luxury villa rentals, this is a list of those crucial points which are very important during a luxury villa rental (our opinion is that many items on the list are important no matter what type of vacation one is planning).
The 12 points checklist for planning a luxury villa rentals:
- choosing the ideal location for the villa: the location of the villa is the first and most important thing you should consider when deciding on a luxury villa rental. Complete peace and quiet, and hanging out in the countryside can be wonderful for a given amount of time, but it might even become annoying after a while: always needing to find out things about the villa’s surroundings, what sort of services are available and how to get them: where is the closest town or habited place, how far are the nearest neighbors? The good new is that when you organize your luxury villa rental with us, we look into things regarding the villa that you might not even think about.
- choose and up-and-coming country/region: as with everything, with luxury villa rentals there are the day-to-day trends, fashionable and popular destinations, where the same villa will cost you more now than it did previously. To put it another way: he same villa here will set you back more than in the neighboring country, sate, beach, etc. Of course lots of times this is realistic, the given villa is in a better location, and this justifies the difference in price, however, sometimes, this is primarily due to excellent marketing and not the actual features of the villa. To an adventurous World Traveler we highly recommend trying out up-and-coming locations in terms of a luxury villa rental. For example if you would like to experience the benefits of luxury villa rentals close to Hungary, instead of Croatia, we would recommend Slovenia, Bosnia or Montenegro.
- do you know what your exact expectations are with relation to the luxury villa: the villa’s location, its adequate size, the number of rooms, the villa’s style, its facilities, the necessary extras – this list may seem almost infinite. We have a method that has served us well when we organized private luxury villa rentals, although we feel that it can be useful in other circumstances as well: 1. make a complete list of things that you are expecting from the villa, if there are more families or couples traveling, have each of the make such a list. 2. prioritize the factors involved in your luxury villa rental. Is the most important the price? The location? The villa’s size? Pools? The villa’s extras? Believe us, as when we say that this simple method will be very useful in your luxury villa rental, we speak from experience. 3. If you have prioritized your list then compare it with the list of the others, and decide on the five most important factors, that you will keep in mind when organizing your luxury villa rental.
- calculate the budget of the luxury villa rental: when you have decided on your expectations, you should thing about the budged of the luxury villa rental, this can even be the first step, as the luxury villa rental can be around 1.000 USD, but if one can afford it, it can easily go as high as 100.000 USD. The more accurately you can determine how much you would like to spend on the luxury villa rental, the easier it will be to find your dream villa. Our experiences show that as you decide on your priorities for the luxury villa rental the approximate price will also materialize, and this is also true the other way around. The only question is from which side would you like to approach the luxury villa rental.
- turn to experts in luxury villa rentals: you can find a lot of advertisements on the internet that offer luxury villa rentals. However, if you employ a professional, your chances of finding the perfect solution increase. The agent takes care of the entire organizing of the luxury villa rental (lots of emails and phone calls), and you have someone to turn to if there is any sort of unforeseen complication that arises during the luxury villa rental. Consider the luxury villa rental professional as a therapist: tell him everything that is on your mind regarding the luxury villa rental, your needs, your worries, your goals and your dream; the more the organizer of the luxury villa rental knows, the more he can help you. And the best part is that it is not you how is not paying for this, but the owner of the villa.
- ask the correct questions when planning a luxury villa rental: we find it exceptionally important that you take active part in the planning of the luxury villa rental, by asking questions. We always encourage our clients to ask questions no matter where they might be traveling, and under what conditions (one of the mottos of our company is: there are no “stupid” questions, just ones that haven’t been asked). And this is no different when it comes to luxury villa rentals. Does the luxury villa rental contain the towels and the use of bedding? Is the villa child friendly? How far is the villa from the city? Are the villa’s owners sure to leave? Will the villa be just ours; no one else will be there? Does the villa have television, an equipped kitchen, a laundry room, air-conditioning, and are these contained in the price of the villa? The golden rule is: never take anything for granted during a luxury villa rental, always ask direct questions about everything! It is worth it to do your homework when planning a luxury villa rental, it will save you a lot of trouble, or just leave this to the luxury villa rental professionals, and we will take all the burden out of it.
- lets mind the details, that’s where the devil resides: with regard to the previous point, we think that this speaks for itself. It is important to know that the luxury villa rental service has its own special vocabulary, here are a few examples:
„Steps from the beach” – it is not trivial if this means 100 or 10.000 steps.
„Villa with pool access” – does this mean that there will be others besides you?
„Kitchenette” – „ette” is just a small suffix, but in terms of a villa it can mean very different things than a regular kitchen (a kitchen corner, or just a mini bar with a hot-pate on top).
„Sleeps 8” – lets just ask how many bedrooms there are in the villa, couches don’t count. We could go on and on, after all there are at leas 20-30 such expressions that are worth keeping a lookout for when it comes to luxury villa rentals. Which one would you choose: learning the ins and outs of the luxury villa rental vocabulary or would you rather place the matter in the hands of a professional.
- lets think things through in advance, start organizing the details of the luxury villa rental in time: "The best villa is always the first one to go." And this is the perpetual question, which often arises when planning a luxury villa rental: "will it be best if I reserve in advance, or should I wait for last minute offers?" Of course, by chance we can find exceptional offers in certain cases when organizing a trip at the last moment, in the luxury villa rental business this usually means included extras (like a complementary massage, a city tour, etc). However the most experienced companies all around the world that offer luxury villa rentals, suggest that depending on the season you start planning your luxury villa rental 5-8 or even 12-14 months in advance, after all don’t forget: „it is always the best villa...”
- always ask for the references of the villa: but not just for the villa also for the agent organizing the luxury villa rental! It is our experience that when planning a luxury villa rental it is best if you are in the right hands, that a professional helps you with your case. This is why our agency provides all the necessary information to its clients, including the references for the villa itself. We find it important that you know that you are in the best of hands even at the if you are at the end of the world, since we choose our partners based on strict criteria. The backbone of our luxury villa rental service is provided by exceptional companies, which are the best in the business and have decades of experience. When we are talking about luxury villa rental services, we find it important that our clients get to know the opinions of previous guests, after all what can be more genuine information for you?
- record the details of the luxury villa rental in writing: we recommend that whether you rely on the help of a professional travel agent during the planning of the luxury villa rental, or you are organizing your trip yourself, always write down the details. If you are employing our help in the organization of the luxury villa rental, there will be no other way to do it, in this your and our interests are the same.
- make sure that you have the proper insurance: we find it important that you make sure to get the proper insurances when planning a luxury villa rental. There are three important things to keep in mind during a luxury villa rental: 1. cancelation insurance: we start planning the details of the luxury villa rental usually about 5-8 months in advance, in that time a lot of things can happen. Also the costs associated are usually fairly large, and the cancellation insurance, (with out a deductible) pays for 100% of the price of the luxury villa rental if anything unexpected should arise. 2. liability insurance: our agency recommends getting an insurance for the duration of the luxury villa rental that cover damages that might arise in the facilities of the villa. 3. traveler’s insurance: accidents can happen even during a luxury villa rental we suggest (and not only for luxury villa rentals) that you never travel without insurance.
- constant assistance all the way through the luxury villa rental: always make certain beforehand about what kind of help and assistance you can get for the entire duration of your luxury villa rental. That is not just until the keys of the villa have been handed over to you, because an unexpected event can happen at any time. And this doesn’t need to be a big thing, for example you might want to go to a local event, and it is good in these cases if you have someone to count on during your luxury villa rental.
If you think that you would rather have professional assistance in organizing your luxury villa rental, please click here to download our travel request sheet, if you would prefer to write us the details of your luxury villa rental in e-mail, then please click here. You can reach us by phone on this number: +361/273-0782.